dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Comments to draft 6

A technical rationale for delayed verification responses is that the signature service
may be used by a backend system for validating bulks of incoming signed data (forms, mail etc).

An entirely different reason to make delayed response a general option is simplicity in the solution.
I think the final service becomes simpler to use if behaviour is uniform across all protocols,
without too many special cases or exceptions to the rule.

- Any opinions on this?

Simeon
Trevor Perrin <trevp@trevp.net>
06/02/2003 10:36 MST