dss message

Subject: Face-to-Face meeting straw poll

Title: Face-to-Face meeting straw poll

As agreed on the conference call yesterday, we will likely have a face-to-face meeting sometime in June, July or August in order to progress work on our protocol(s) once we have completed the requirements draft.  In anticipation of this, I would like to take a straw poll of TC members as to when and where would be most appropriate.  There have been a number of suggestions and I would like to reduce this to the one or two proposals where we would likely get the highest attendance.  I think we are looking at a one or two day meeting.  I believe that the proposals have been:

1) NetSec 2003 Conference & Exhibition - New Orleans - June 23-24
http://www.gocsi.com/netsec/03/

2) Catalyst North America - San Francisco - July 9-11
http://www.burtongroup.com/catalyst/catna03/

3) IETF - Vienna, Austria - July 13-18
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-57.html

4) John Messing said that he might be able to get us a room at the American Bar Association's meeting August 6-7, 2003, in San Francisco.

5) Juan Carlos Cruellas volunteered to host a meeting at UPC in Barcelona.  This can be held anytime.

6) Hal Lockhart volunteered to host a meeting at BEA in Burlington, MA.  This can be held anytime.

Please respond directly to me with your preferences and I will update the TC before the next meeting on June 16.  Feel free to vote for more than one if you can make it to more than one of these.  If you are choosing 5) or 6) please also indicate a preferred date.

Thanks,

        Robert.