dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] EPM use cases: some questions and one requeriment.

>In the first bullet of 3.6.2 it mentions a "policy" to be used for
>Verification, which will be an identifier for some trust settings and maybe
>other parameters.  Maybe if we just add a way to indicate that verification
>information should be returned, we could leave it up to particular policies
>to control whether this means to return the references or the actual
>validation information.
>
>I.e., just have the client pass a boolean to indicate whether he wants
>verification data.  What type of verification data actually gets returned
>would be determined by the particular server and policy.  This way we don't
>have to enumerate values for the different types of verification data, and
>worry about whether those values are complete for every type of
>verification data one could come up with.  Would that work?
>
>Trevor

Well as long as this policy (BTW, is the "policy" of 3.6.2 the
policy of the server, the signature policy indicated by the client ?)
that could be possible, but are we completely sure that such a policy
will always be explicitly defined?

Juan Carlos.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/members/leave_workgroup.php