dss message

Subject: Naming convention proposal

Colleagues - Below, find a proposal for a convention for naming the objects
we will define.  To the best of my knowledge, this does not conflict with
any OASIS convention (indeed, we could lobby for this to become the OASIS
convention).  Any comments?  All the best.  Tim.

Naming convention

Basic form:

URL - http://www.oasis-open.org/"committee"/"major-version"/"object"/
"part"/ "status"/"version"."extension"

Windows path - "committee"/"major-version"/"object"/ "part"/"status"/
"version"."extension"

"committee"
The initials of the full name of the committee as listed on the OASIS Web
page.  (OASIS should ensure that no name clashes occur.)

"major-version" - "v"x.y
	The proposed version number of the final committee specification
with which the document is associated.

 'object"
	Schema - schema
	Data model - data-model
	Conformance criteria - conformance-criteria
etc..

"part"
	The name of a project sub-part (e.g. "core" or a profile name).

"status"
Working draft - wd
Committee specification - cs
OASIS specification - os