dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] v2 timestamp token

Nick - I suggest calling the element "ErrorBound" because semantically it is
the inverse of accuracy - the larger the value, the less the accuracy.

Your second question will have to receive wider discussion, I think.  My
initial suggestion is that the response protocol may have to accommodate
either a binary (RFC 3163) token or a <dss:tst> element.  But, all we are
defining in this section is the <dss:tst> element.

All the best.  Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Pope [mailto:pope@secstan.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 8:59 AM
To: Tim Moses; 'DSS'

Tim,

What is the significance of using "errorBound" rather than "accuracy" as in
RFC 3161?  Is there any difference to how I should handle an RFC 3161
time-stamp from the XML time-stamp?

Do we want to define a more general outer structure for time-stamp which
includes the choice between an RFC 3161 time-stamp, XML timestamp or some
other syntax?

Nick