dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] ISSUE#5: OUTPUTOPTIONS (SIGN REQUEST DISCUSSION)

At 11:57 AM 9/9/2003 +0200, Juan Carlos Cruellas wrote:

>ISSUE#5: OutputOptions
>
>Short description: This element contains:
>         -ReturnStandAloneSignature boolean, selfexplaining
>         -ReturnDocumentWithSignature, boolean. I think that  this would
> indicate
>         that the requester wants to get a document enveloping the
> signature. The
>         SignaturePlacement element would help in determining where exactly
>         the signature would go.
>         -TransformedDocuments: list of integers indicating those transformed
>documents
>         the server should have to return.

These refer to DocumentSelectors

>         -UntransformedDocuments: list of integers indicating which of the
> input
>documents
>         would have to be returned untransformed.

These refer to InputDocuments.

>My comments:
>
>         1. Again, I contend that all the elements related with options
> should go
>within a root
>         child element Options as in my proposal.
>
>         2. If you accept my proposal made in my message on Issue#2 (see
> my proposal
>         of definition of DocumentManipulations), then we have all the
> information
>on what
>         the relationship between ds:Siganture and the signed documents in
> that
>element,
>         so ReturnDocumentWithSignature and ReturnStandAloneSignature ARE NOT
>         REQUIRED.

Suppose you ask it to place a signature within a particular
document.  Using OutputOptions, you can ask it just for the
StandAloneSignature, just for the DocumentWithSignature, or for both.

>         3. I am not sure that the element UntransformedDocuments should
> be there.
>         I do not see rationale for that. I have
>         not found such a requirement in the document (although perhaps I am
>wrong). If it is
>         not mentioned there, I propose to suppress it.

It's in 3.5.8.  We decided to add it at the F2F, so that the client could
have the server return a document for which the client has only passed in a
URL.

Trevor