dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] REFORMULATED ISSUE#2: SIGNATURECONTENTS (SIGN REQUEST DISCUSSION)

Hi Trevor !

> I think the idea is we'd envelope B, in the case where B is the starting
> point for the "signature transforms".

Yes, B is what I like to call the 'document' !

> So the question is whether the server needs to be able to do an A->B
> transform, such as selecting a particular element from one of the Input
> Documents.  Alternatively, we would require the client to do any
> "selection transforms" on the client side, and send the resulting B
> elements as just other Input Documents.

It seems to that we are just building an additional transformation service. This can be convenient, but I think it makes harder to understand
what the DSS actually does. Or we should call it 'digital signing and other handy things'-service.

Greetings

Andreas