dss message

Subject: Call for claimed identity scenarios

On the call we had some discussion about whether DSS has authentication
requirements that can't be met by using other specs, such as SSL/TLS or WSS.

Please post to the list scenarios that should be supported.

You don't need to state how they would be implemented. Please specify:

Is the message constructed (including potential signatures) by one party or
more than one?
What kinds of information is required to specify the identities in question
(peer and claimed, etc.)?
What authentications would be performed to confirm each(sign, passwd, none,
etc.)?

I will try to match these against the mechanisms available in WSS.

Hal