dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Re: TSTInfoType

Nick - I think the only way of "stopping" our bright-spark is if the
"mustUnderstand" behaviour that we specify is something other than what they
require.

We have to decide (for each extension point) whether a processor that
doesn't understand the extension should or should not accept the enclosing
token.  I think this involves having some idea what the extension point may
be used for.  In the case of the calibration time, perhaps a processor
should be allowed to accept a token that contains this information, even if
it cannot understand it.  This would preclude the use of the same extension
for anything that was critical to the processing of the token.

All the best.  Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Pope [mailto:pope@secstan.com]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 11:00 AM
To: 'OASIS DSS TC'

Tim,

I am not sure how we can actually stop any "bright-spark" use of an
extension, although I agree that guidance on expected use would be useful.
Also, wherever we have used extensions we need to be explicit on what
happens if the extension is not understood.

A possible example of an extension to the TSTInfo structure could be
information on the last time calibration.

Nick

kgroup.php
.