dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] plans for next draft

OK - can this type allow profiles, such as the Court Filing, to identify new
types.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Trevor Perrin [mailto:trevp@trevp.net]
Sent: 19 November 2003 22:54
To: Nick Pope; dss@lists.oasis-open.org

At 10:28 PM 11/19/2003 +0000, Nick Pope wrote:

> [...]

Agreed.  But a profile/policy might also imply some things that *aren't*
options.  So I'm wondering if "type of signature to produce" (i.e. XML-DSIG
/ PGP / CMS / XML-TST / RFC3161-TST) should be an option.

Probably it doesn't hurt to make it one, though for most profiles it would
be implicit - i.e., the profile would only support a single type of
signature.

Trevor

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/members/leave_workgroup.php