dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Comments on version 7 of the core document

At 13:24 03/12/2003 -0800, Trevor Perrin wrote:
>>Request: I think that we should also provide URIs for:
>>The signature defined in ETSI 101733, based in CMS.
>>A PKCS#7 signature.
>
>I agree about adding PKCS#7.
>
>But isn't ETSI 101 733 just a profile of CMS or PKCS#7?  I was thinking we
>should only use <SignatureType> for basic signature types, not for profiles
>of these types.  Otherwise we might have to add a lot of URIs here.
>
>But perhaps that's what we should do.  I'm not sure.

ETSI 101733 is in fact a profile of CMS not PKCS#7... and now that you
say this... well, it is the same situation as XMLDSIG and XAdES, isn't it?
Perhaps somebody else could give his opinion... at present, after reading
your answer I do not have a strong opinion.... let us think....

Regards
Juan Calros