dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] DSS Core comments

Trevor

Thanks for the clarifications. Good points that I agree with. Some inline comments on areas for discussion.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia Mobile Phones

> But since a DSS server consumes the <IntendedAudience>
> immediately, time
> constraints aren't needed for that purpose.
>
> Maybe they're needed for some other purpose you're thinking of?

I was thinking this would impact the signature itself, that it would become a signature property
that would restrict audience of the signature. I got confused as to how an option is processed, the impact it has.

Maybe we should add a sentence?

"Processing rules associated with options are defined in the profiles - for example, options might relate to input processing, outputs returned or the objects (such as signatures or timestamps) produced by the server.
This document defines options but not necessarily all associated processing rules."