dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] ProcessingDetails

At 10:56 AM 1/19/2004 +0100, Andreas Kuehne wrote:

>Hi Juan Carlos !
>
> > but the xs:any  allows you to proceed further in the machine-readable
> > details, so that  for instance,
> > if a revoked certificate is encountered, you can define a structure
> > identifying such a certificate, or if
> > a certain property in a signature is needed and the verifier does not find
> > it, one can define a way of identifying such a property...
>Ohh, I see !

Hi Andreas,

yeah, I was thinking the same as Juan Carlos, that the <xs:any> would be on
the same level as the <Message>, so you can add "other stuff" of any sort,
machine- or human-readable:

<xs:complexType name="DetailType">
         <xs:sequence>
                 <xs:element name="Code" type="xs:anyURI" minOccurs="0"/>
                 <xs:element name="Message" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"/>
                 <xs:any processContents="lax" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs
="unbounded"/>
         </xs:sequence>
         <xs:attribute name="Type" type="xs:anyURI" use="required"/>
</xs:complexType>

But the <Message> itself isn't extensible.  Maybe it should be, for
internationalization.  We could have an optional input where the client
indicates his preferred locale, and all strings could have a locale attribute:

<InvalidDetail Type="urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:detail:IssuerTrust">
         <Code>urn:sometype:CertificateNotFound</Code>
         <Message locale="DE">Zertificat ABC123 nicht gefunden!</Message>
</InvalidDetail>

Would people support that?  Or is that overkill, since the core only has
text messages in two places? (<ResultMessage> in 2.7, and <Message> in 4.5.4).

Trevor