dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] DSS profiles Overview document

Hi Nick !

> I would suggest that the profile is neutral to the key lengths etc.  If
> there was a need to signal algorithm and key length requirements I would
> suggest that this is done using a separate attribute.  Key lengths,
> algorithms, certificate lifetime strength signature lifetime should be all
> interrelated under a coherent policy which will change significantly from
> application to application.  I would suggest that the profile is concerned
> with more static protocol implementation issues.
But it is the foremost task of the SigG-profile to ensure the accordance to the given regulations. And one of this is the guideline for minimal key length, layed down in http://www.regtp.de/imperia/md/content/tech_reg_t/digisign/141.pdf ( english version ! ).

So you can't choose a algorithm / key length freely in a separate attribute if you want to comply with the SigG. I would guess that other ( european ) countries will have similar regulations ...

Greetings

Andreas

Erdbeben im Iran: Zehntausende Kinder brauchen Hilfe. UNICEF hilft den
Kindern - helfen Sie mit! https://www.unicef.de/spe/spe_03.php