dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Bindings

At 09:49 AM 1/28/2004 +0000, Nick Pope wrote:

>Do we need to put it in a separate document for the bindings or could it be
>in the core or repeated as approprioate in the profiles?

I don't think it should be repeated in each profile.  So I vote for a
separate document, or in the core document.

>Also, I suggest that the profiles include a high level statement of what
>security services are required from the underlying services.

I agree that a "protocol profile" should say what properties it expects
from an underlying binding.

I don't think this will be necessary for all profiles, though.  For
example, a concrete profile that references a protocol profile and binding
doesn't need to reiterate the properties of the binding.

Trevor