dss message

Subject: timestamping profile wd-05

We had talked about sub-profiles to this profile, to specify particular
types of Signature Objects.  Instead, I added the <SignatureType> optional
input, to accomplish the same.

So the idea is that this profile is a generic interface to time-stamping
services, but you can use <SignatureType> to override the interface and get
a particular type of time-stamp, if the server supports it.

Also, I added a restriction in Input Documents, so the client can only send
a *single* input document, since RFC 3161 Timestamps (and possibly other
types of time-stamps) can only time-stamp a single hash at a time.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/download.php/5821/oasis-dss-1.0-profiles-timestamping-spec-wd-05.doc

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/download.php/5831/oasis-dss-1.0-profiles-timestamping-spec-wd-05.pdf

Trevor