dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Core - Requestor Identity & SAML NameIdentifier

At 05:45 PM 3/18/2004 +0000, Nick Pope wrote:

>Can I suggest that the NameType used in requestorIdentity etc and defined in
>2.3 is aligned with the SAML name identifier so that the same name format
>identifiers can be used in SAML and DSS.

I like dss:NameType a bit better than the SAML type:
  - In the DSS type the "Format" attribute is required
  - The DSS type omits the SAML type's superfluous "NameQualifier" attribute.
  - SAML hasn't defined an identifier for URIs, whereas we have.

However I don't feel strongly about this.  If no-one else has an opinion,
I'll change it this weekend.

Trevor