dss message

Subject: core spec wd-16

This replaces dss:NameType with saml:NameIdentifierType, per Nick's suggestion:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/download.php/6028/oasis-dss-1.0-core-spec-wd-16.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/download.php/6029/oasis-dss-1.0-core-spec-wd-16.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/download.php/6030/oasis-dss-1.0-core-schema-wd-16.xsd

The document has 4 outstanding issues:

  1) URLs or URNs for the schema namespace URI?
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss/200403/msg00004.html

  2) Should we add a WSS security binding (or bindings)?
WSS isn't a security protocol, it's more like a set of building blocks for
making security protocols.  Building a security protocol out of these
blocks seems complicated.  I think we should leave this for a separate
document.

  3) Should we support an External Policy Authority vouching for some
portion of the request?
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss/200402/msg00046.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss/200402/msg00041.html
Paul presented a proposal and use case.  I'm still a little unclear on the
use-case (see response to 2nd link).

  4) Should RequestID be removed?
This was to correlate requests and responses.  The HTTP POST binding
doesn't need it.  The SOAP binding will mostly run over HTTP (?), in which
case it doesn't need it.  So do we need this?

Trevor