dss message

Subject: ACTION 04-03-22-1 resolution

Re: ACTION 04-03-22-1: Frederick to contact Karl Best for appropriate URL prefix for the DSS TC.

I spoke with Karl, basically we should put a placeholder in our namespace URL (or URN), then when the specification moves to standard
a number will be assigned by the TC Admin. Preallocating the number is not possible right now.

Using URNs would require a resolver at the OASIS site to be able to obtain the schema, this is not available at this point.

I would prefer a URL along the lines of what WSS used - I believe it offers the benefit of schema retrieval and doubt the length is a concern

e.g.
http://www.docs.oasis-open.org/dss/2004/XX/oasis-2004XX-dss-document-1.0.xsd

where 2004XX is the number allocated by OASIS admin upon standardization (apparently yyyymm) and the name "document" is
another placeholder determined by the TC. I find having the 2004/XX (where XX  is month) is useful given that we cannot rely
on the OASIS identifier to not necessarily be a date and having a date in the URL can be useful to humans who look at it.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia