dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Pending / TryAgainLater

Hi Trevor !

> Another possibility is to have a single, separate Async Profile.  This
> would make it clear what the approved way of doing asychronous operation
> is, hopefully avoiding the confusion you mention.
Do you think of another horizontal profile ?
Is there demand for several protocol styles  ( XKMS style, home grown, ... ) ?

Anyway, the GermanSig profile badly needs asychronous replies ! In the worst scenario every signing request has to be commited by the signature holder explicitly. In the best ( signature law compliant ) scenario the certificate holders has a time slot ( usually several hours ) for inspecting the signing request and possible rejecting the request. So for sure request processing takes hours --> requests have to be processed asynchronously !

Iirc 'asynchronous request' was on our initial requirement list. Blame it on me that I didn't track this requirement and now come up with a 'must have'  ...

> But by keeping it out of the core, we would keep the core smaller and
> easier to implement in its entirety.
Sure ! But on the other hand 'asynchronous requests' seem to be a generic mechanism valid to be part of the core !

Greetings

Andreas
Der WEB.DE Virenschutz schuetzt Ihr Postfach vor dem Wurm Netsky.A-P!
Kostenfrei fuer alle FreeMail Nutzer. http://f.web.de/?mc=021157