dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Finalizing core spec

Hi Trevor

1) core 18 refers to both 'ServiceProfile' (line 463) and 'Profile'
attributes

2) Wrt to keeping the Profile attribute and using an <AdditionalProfile>
element for any profile designators beyond that, I would prefer a
symmetrical mechanism. Using an attribute for one profile and an element (in
another location) for others might suggest an unintended semantic to DSS
Servers, i.e. 'the value in the Profile attribute is the real profile and I
can probably ignore the others'.

Separate but perhaps related, as far as I know, we discount the potential
for the DSS Server being able to indicate profile(s) on its Response. Is the
client simply expected to remember under what profile(s) the request was
sent and correlate the response approriately? Perhaps this is only relevant
for asynchronous interactions?

Thoughts?

Paul

workgroup.php.