dss message

Subject: core spec wd-19

Greetings and happy tax day!

We've made steps towards finalizing the core but aren't quite
there.  However, we can close out a couple issues:
  - TryAgainLater removed, ResultMajor changed to URI, profiles allowed to
introduce ResultMajor codes (section 2.6)
  - <AdditionalProfile> optional input added (section 2.8.4)

If you were involved with these, please take a look and confirm they're
what you expected:
  - the text for <AdditionalProfile> says "The interpretation of additional
profiles is determined by the main profile".  I'm not sure that's what
people want, but I'm not sure how else to do it.
  - I didn't add the idiom Rich suggested for "open enumeration" of
ResultMajor codes.  This idiom doesn't change the normative behavior of the
schema, it just documents what the core values are, within the schema.  But
the idiom itself takes a moment to decipher, so I wasn't sure it was worth
it (we could add schema comments and basically accomplish the same thing).

3 new issues have cropped up:
  - Juan Carlos proposes adding a RefId attribute to DocumentBaseType
  - Ed proposes allowing <SignaturePtr> to be omitted when only 1 input
document and 1 signature are present
  - Paul proposes allowing (or requiring) the server to return the value of
the Profile it utilized.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/download.php/6411/oasis-dss-1.0-core-spec-wd-19.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/download.php/6412/oasis-dss-1.0-core-spec-wd-19.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/download.php/6413/oasis-dss-1.0-core-schema-wd-19.xsd