dss message

Subject: Comments on DSS XAdES profile

Juan Carlos,

I offer the following comments on the XAdES profile:

1) Section 2 and elsewhere

The full description "Predefined advanced electronic signature forms as
defined in [XAdES] and [TS 101 733]" could be used in the first 2nd level
bullet item below "sign request" and "verify request" in section 2 to make
it clearer what "predefined" means.

2) 5.1.2.1 3rd Para

I suggest after "Acceptable" add "predefined"

3) 5.1.4 UpdateSignature

Where is this element defined?  Should this this be an optional input?

Is this something that should be in the Core?

On the editorial issues

1. OK as is - I think it is reasonable to always have the form of signature
registered through an identifier

2. OK as is - same reason as above

3. OK if there is a mechanism for controlling this.  How can the requestor
signal what is expected?  Should this be something that can be controlled /
indicated through the signature "form".

4. Already accepted

5. OK As in current spec

6 OK as is

7 I would expect that the <xades:signingTime> would generally be used as the
validation time but the profile should also allow validation against other
times even though this may be the exception.

8 See earlier comment

9. Possible could leave counter signatures until understand requirement

10. Already accepted

11. OK as is

Nick