dss message

Subject: Re: OASIS Digital Signature Services TC announcement

Peter,

The Type attribute in the element serves for indicating the time-stamp type
that the clients requires. Each type of time-stamp may in fact cover different
parts of the signature itself.  Look at XAdES, for instance.
It defines several time-stamps and each one is computed over different
parts of the signature object.

Juan Carlos.