dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Groups - oasis-dss-1.0-profiles-wss-spec-wd-01.pdf uploaded

At 04:05 PM 7/12/2004 +0000, frederick.hirsch@nokia.com wrote:
>The document oasis-dss-1.0-profiles-wss-spec-wd-01.pdf has been submitted
>by Frederick Hirsch (frederick.hirsch@nokia.com) to the OASIS Digital
>Signature Services TC document repository.

Hi Frederick, some (belated) feedback:

  - In 1.2, you could assign a namespace prefix for later use.
  - In 2.6, the mention of "X.509 Server Authentication" is arguably
unnecesssary.
  - In 3.1.1, making the 'Profile' attribute on a request mandatory
redefines the core (which allows this to be optional).  I'd stick with the
core unless you have a good reason not to, but it's no big deal.
  - In 3.1.2, I'm unclear of the role of the different pieces, an example
might help.  In particular, how is 'ValueType' used?
  - In 3.2.1, the 'Profile' attribute on a response is already mandatory,
so this is redundant.
  - In 3.1.3 and 3.2.4, it would be nice if the client didn't have to send
and receive the whole SOAP message, but if the client could send a
<Document> *or* <DocumentHash>, and get back a <ds:Signature> *or* revised
SOAP message (according to its use of the <SignaturePlacement> optional
input).  Then this profile would fit more smoothly with the core.

Trevor