dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Validation semantics of time-stamping

If I understand corrct the proposed approach is that:

a) Fromn the TSA identity I know that this is created by a server that has
the (policy?) rules that the time-stamp is only applied as part of a DSS
validation
b) The DSS validation protocol does not allow for time-stamping to be added
without validation.

Thinking further is my requirement best met througha signature policy
identifier that applies well defined rules that includes archive time-stamps
only being applied if the signature is valid?

Nick