dss message

Subject: FW: Public comment

FYI - Response received regarding public comment.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Ruiz Martinez [mailto:arm@dif.um.es]
Sent: 29 January 2005 16:41
To: Juan Carlos Cruellas
Cc: Nick Pope; Trevor Perrin
Subject: Re: Public comment

Hello!

Juan Carlos Cruellas wrote:

> Antonio, Nick and Trevor
>
> If I correctly recall, section 4.3.1 deals
> with multi-signature verification. Nevertheless
> the context is not the one that Antonio is expecting.
> The context is that of one document enveloping more
> than one ds:Signature element. It is just in those cases
> when the protocol allows requesting verification of
> multiple signatures.

Ok thanks for your anwser

> As far as I may recall we have never envisaged
> the presence of multiple
> <ds:Signature> elements in the <SignatureObject> element.

but don't you think that it could be a good idea to support
multiple-signature verification of multiple documents in the same request?
Since the protocol will be used in many cases as a web service, in order
to avoid making many connections to the same service, it could be a good
idea to support the presence of multiple <ds:Signature>
Anyway, I wonder if is it possible that in a near future the protocol
supports this or the idea of the protocol is to continue with a single
ds:signature.

Thanks for your comments,
Regards,
Antonio.