dss message

Subject: FW: Enveloped XML signatures in non-XML documents

Can the change identified below be included in the next release of the DSS Core specification

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: ed.shallow@rogers.com [mailto:ed.shallow@rogers.com]
Sent: 23 May 2006 16:11
To: Nick Pope
Subject: Re: Enveloped XML signatures in non-XML documents

Yes that is good Nick.

Cheers,
Ed

----- Original Message ----
From: Nick Pope <nickpope@secstan.com>
To: Ed Shallow <ed.shallow@rogers.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:42:54 AM
Subject: Enveloped XML signatures in non-XML documents

Ed,

Can you confirm that you are happy with the resolution to you comment 25 on
Enveloped XML signatures in non XML documents.

as follows:

> > 25) line 1223-1226: "In the case of a non-XML input document, or when
> > these child elements are omitted, then the server places the signature
> > in the input document in accordance with procedures defined in a
> > profile or as part of the server policy."
> >
> > I believe we should reject non-XML Documents as default core
> > processing when Enveloped signatures are requested.

I propose that this is replaced by:
"In the case of a non-XML input document, or when these child elements are
omitted, then the server will return an error unless alternative procedures
are defined by a profile or in the server policy for handling such a
situation."

Nick