Subject: Re: [ebsoa] Fwd: Editors Action Item

Thanks Sally. I noted that you did not reference ebXML in the audience
description (not saying that that is a good or bad thing - just an
observation). This brings up the question: If someone did not - for
whatever reason - "subscribe" to the "ebXML way of doing things", how
useful to them is our final output intended to be?

100% useful? 50? 10?

Thanks,
Joe

"Sally St. Amand" wrote:

> The draft I mentioned in yesterday's call.
>
> Hamid's paper serves as a good opening to address what I see as a
> convergence and opportunity. As I said in yesterday's call there has
> been an evolution on the business side that tracks the technical
> evolution that Hamid described so well. More recent efforts to
> standardize and quantify business processes have included
> Reengineering and Six Sigma. SOA cuts across both tech and business
> process.
>
> As I see it our challenge is to convey the scope, scale and provide
> the means to achieve implementation. That is define the concept and
> translate it into solutions that can be adapted to be operational. My
> hope is that the spec will also serve as a communications/education
> doc to all the constituencies.
>
> Anyway, something to chew on.
> Sally

> Subject: Editors Action Item
> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:32:36 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Sally St. Amand" <sallystamand@yahoo.com>
> To: Matthew MacKenzie <mattm@adobe.com>
>
> Matt
>
> Attached is a first write of the paragraph on the audience for the
> specification. Would you take a look at it, revise and add.
>
> I was looking at it to go in the Introduction at the end of line 72
> before the paragraph on standards
>
> Just a comment--I would hope we can have some discussion so we can see
> where people are before we start writing the spec. Which is why I
> suggested using the white paper as a basis for discussion. I think we
> need to build some concensus and I suspect we are a long way from
> that.
> Sally
>
>                          Name: SOAaudience.doc
>    SOAaudience.doc       Type: WINWORD File (application/msword)
>                      Encoding: base64

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano
Associate