Subject: Re: [ebsoa] Scope of TC (was SOA and Shared Semantics /EditorsActionItem, et al)

Doing good work to me means creating value for them.  Offering a
balanced approach to best practices along with a documentation of known
issues one may encounter.

example:

As of version [current version] HTTP, SOAP and ebXML messaging are all
valid bindings according to the ebXML Registry specifications.  While
either one MAY be used, HTTP is the lightest weight.  ebXML may be too
heavy weight in terms of processing overhead for the normal registry
client.  SOAP running over HTTP seems to the a good model to follow.
 This offers several advantages:

[list advantages here]

For those who need extra features of X and Y, then the ebXML model may
be best suited.

For plain retrieval of artifacts or reference for items such as schema
fragments, foo and bar can be best accomplished using HTTP for the
following reasons: [insert list of good reasons]

implementors should be aware that the specification above are subject to
change.

The opposite would be to say:

Use CAM because it solves all your problems an then some.

The point is that we have to back up our work by providing explanations
and documenting issues, not glossing over them.

Granted it is somewhat subjective.

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist