Subject: front page

Team:

Our front page states:

" The purpose of the TC is to continue work on the ebXML Technical
Architecture to bring it from v1.04 to a more current architecture that
takes into account both subsequent releases of the ebXML specifications
and other Web Services and service-oriented architecture works."

I would like us to consider rewording it to be more reflective of our
charter and our work.  IMO - the sentence above does NOT accurately
capture the work we are doing.

"The purpose of the TC is to develop an eBusiness Service Oriented
Architecture (eb SOA) that takes into account Web Service standards,
ebXML and other service-oriented architecture works.  The eb SOA
specification will be expressed as a combination of a normative
specification and a catalog of architectural patterns.  The intent is to
capture the patterns of SOA specific to the requirements of global
electronic business."

I do not believe the second statement requires that we reword our
charter and is in fact more accurate to what our charter and mandates are.

I would like to propose a discussion of this during our next conference
call Wednesday September 22, followed possibly by a vote.

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist
Adobe Systems, Inc.