Subject: hearty thanks to Dale, Goran and Vasco; forward movement

ebSOA'ers - -

I want to make an official announcement that we are finally past the approval
stage on the donation and adoption of the Federated Enterprise Reference
Architecture.

Several of us have finally gotten the "aha!" moment and I believe that soon we
will have an outline for editing the Technical Architecture 2.0 that will give
the industry a galvanizing set of components around which to rally.

On that note, I want to provide a hearty thanks to Goran Zugic, Vasco Drecun,
and especially to Dale Castle, whose soft insistence and great patience kept
presenting the material to me and others, until the light came on.

The language of "information models" works well in the context of the
registry/repository for ebXML. Now we have a set of well-named "information
models" coming out of the ebXMLsoft / CPDAssociates group's FERA materials, that
we can assign to the Tech Arch 2.0.

You will see in the outline attached here several <assignment/> tags, inside of
which there are individual names or group names. There are a large number of
unassigned headings and subheadings. Please review the outline and email the
group if you would like to take a heading or subheading for editing purposes.
Also in the top of the document is the list of editors. If you don't find your
name there, but want it there, email me and the group.

I have assigned the ebXMLsoft group with the task of assigning the FERA
information model headings to section 7. Also please feel free to add FERA terms
anywhere else in the document.

Hamid - you got the section 1, Overview.

Dan Pattyn - you got the section 2 Status of Standards.

The document is very high level. I look for the editors group to discuss, in the
ebSOA email list, additions in each of the sections.

I also request that in the interest of sanity, that after each section has an
owner, that you create a version of the document that has your name in the
filename, and then take care not to edit another persons' section in your own
version of the document. If each person edits their own section and makes
suggestions for other sections in the discussion list, we MAY avoid the horrible
consequence of overwriting each others' changes.

The other option is the CVS record locking checkin/checkout model. Which doesn't
work for me because we need to work in parallel.

So ---- Let's KICK THIS THING OFF, and get some activity on the outline.

thanks

--
~~~~~~~~~
John Hardin

Chair, OASIS ebSOA Technical Committee
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ebsoa

"The new electronic interdependence recreates the world in the image of a global
village."
         Marshall McLuhan, "Gutenberg Galaxy", 1962

TA_Outline_v2.0_14_july_2005.doc