Subject: Re: [ebsoa] InfoWorld SOA Executive Forum planning

John,

There are more OASIS TCs which we should contact and see how to work
together and be on the same page with regards to some basic architectural
principles. Definitely SOA RM is one of them. SOA RM TC is getting through
the draft development right now changing it and extending it as we speak. I
do not think that we can do any "mapping" between our specs until the SOA RM
comes with the more complete spec in place. It does not mean that we should
not start our communication and discussions with SOA RM TC and also all
other TCs which work we might reference and use in our SOA specs. As I
mentioned and initiated few contacts before (UBL, ebXML BP, ebXML Registry,
and others) at least we should start talking to these and other TCs (both
Web Services and ebXML) which already have approved specs that are already
referenced in the SOA architectural specs we are working on. I agree with
Sally on this.

I mentioned to Patrick Gannon and James Clark when I had a conf call with
them last week the importance of the standard convergence as one of the key
principles of our solution and I ask for their help in approaching other TCs
and presenting FERA-based SOA to them. An important step in a "To-Do" list
that James sent after that is that OASIS will plan this Autumn to explore
and discuss other related OASIS TCs where Semantion's FERA-based SOA work
may be usefully relevant. This is great, I am very excited now and I hope
that the work of many OASIS TCs will gradually converge in a form of the
architectural components we reference and fully support in our SOA
specification.

I explained before that ebXMLsoft is the old name of the company. We do not
use it anymore.

Goran