Subject: work base 1.01 or 1.10?

Hi,

I'd like to tell you where my question during the last meeting came from.
(Thank you Monica, for encouraging me.)

My question was: which version of UN BPSS, 1.01 or 1.10, to use as our
formal work base. Current charter says 1.01.

After version 1.01, we didn't have formal release for long until 1.10.
In the meantime, 1.05, although it is not a formal release, is widely
circulated and some vendors (including Fujitsu :-)) had implemented 1.05
in their products, since 1.05 has some useful improvements over 1.01.
They expected they'll have new public version compatible with 1.05 soon
and simply could not wait...

Since 1.10 is technically compatible with 1.05 (I believe... I haven't
had precise look into it yet), vendors will feel relieved if the charter
says we base our work on 1.10. Or we can just formally announce we'll
keep compatiblity with 1.10 as much as we can, leaving the charter as-is.

Does this make sense?

Regards,
Kenji