Subject: [ebBP Metamodel] 12/10/2003: MetaModel Working Summary

As we spoke in Monday's call, I indicated I would send the starting list
of relevant tags in the BPSS that indicate the important semantics
inherent in the specification, as an input to a metamodel definition. We
hope to have a simple and logically usable metamodel summary to start
ebBP.  These were the criteria the team has identified thus far for this
[a]. I would encourage everyone to comment on this list below.

[a] extracted from meeting discussions

* Start simple and place boundaries on our work.
* Determine what drives what - the metamodel or the service level agreements? Which comes first?
* Provide a list of primary BPSS tags to put 'metabasis' around, such as for BinaryCollaboration, CollaborationActivity, etc.
* Look at the named states, which are crucial to allow us to specialize the rules for partners around those states. In
conditional statements, you state you can make that transition if, for example, a product is delivered or a ReceiptAck is received?
What does that mean? [1]

So, if I had to start with a list of primary tags, I would propose [2]:
   * Elements and Attributes
         o Attachment
         o BinaryCollaboration
               + timeToPerform
               + initiatingRole
         o BusinessDocument
         o BusinessPartnerRole
         o BusinessTransaction
         o BusinessTransactionActivity
               + isConcurrent
               + isLegallyBinding
               + timeToPerform
         o CollaborationActivity
         o Decision
         o Documentation [3]
         o DocumentEnvelope
         o Failure
         o Fork
         o Include [6]
         o Join
         o MultiPartyCollaboration
         o Performs
         o RequestingBusinessActivity
         o RespondingBusinessActivity
         o Role [5]
         o Start
         o Success
         o Transition
               + conditionGuard

Other Elements, Attributes or UML Classes:
   * BusinessAction [5]
   * BusinessActivity [5]
       o beginsWhen
       o endsWhen
       o preCondition
       o postCondition
   * BusinessState [5]
   * CompletionState [5]
       o ConditionGuard
   * DocumentSecurity [5]
       o isAuthenticated
       o isConfidential
       o isTamperDetectable
   * AttributeSubstitution [3] [4]
   * ConditionExpression [3] [4]
   * DocumentSubstitution [3] [4]
   * Namespace [3] [4]
   * Namespaces [3] [4]
   * Package [3] [4]
   * ProcessSpecification [3] [4]
   * SubstitutionSet [3] [4]

[1] This may be a side item not directly part of the metamodel summary
exercise, but an important input nonetheless.
[2]  Extrapolated from model, schema elements in technical
specification and schema fragment
[3] Not in the BPSS model
[4] For XML resolution or use
[5] In BPSS model but not an element in XML schema
[6] Part of Package
Schema: http://www.untmg.org/downloads/General/approved/BPSS-v1pt10.xsd