Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] 12/7/2003: [Fwd: "Late Binding" of TimeToPerform]

Lars.Abrell@teliasonera.com wrote:

>Serm,
>
>It is of course possible to create multiple separate Binary Collaborations that differs only in the timeToPerform value and where the process flow it self is exactly the same. First, IMHO I don't think the timeToPerform value is always an equally "important" business rule to be agreed to and pre-known and determined in the same way as the process flow it self is. I also believe that this approach could end of with to many Binary Collaborations to handle when you actually only need one.

Lars, the observation seem as a good one. There seeem to be at least
three places/times one could/should specify timeouts:

* Standardization time: Set in BPSS by "industry" organization to
establish trade practices
* Design time: Overriden in tradingpartner agreements technical addendum
(CPPA) for bilateral consensus and practices.
* Online  For special situations, possibly agreed to over phone (other
channels)

>The idea and theory around BusinessScope (see appendix 3) look also very interesting.
>
>But I'm somewhat confused about when it's best to communicate the other BusinessScope kind of information in a Standard Business Document Header and when to use the elements provided by ebMS.

Yep, the SBDH overlaps to a degree with all transport protocols but at
the same time it adds a few features not present in for example ebMS.
Remember that UN/CEFACT works in an environment with more than 2
transport mechanisms that can transport business information (payload:
EDIFACT, XML). There is also a legal requirement that "records|writings"
must be readable and storable and when stripping away transport specific
information something important might be lost in the process.
Authenticity of Origin is also an important piece of information to
keep, ref EU VAT directive.

So a usage rule may be that if one needs to transport business
information over many protocols and needs to keep some information
intact (for record keeping or important business rules), one may opt for
including a SBDH.

Im sure Dale can add better pragmatics:)

UBAC project is working on adding a BusinessScope that references
governing agreements, which is a set of information that containes vital
business rules.

/anders

--
/ Business Collaboration Toolsmiths /