Subject: Retitled: Comments on Anders concerning role or party related aspects of process descriptions...

/anders also writes

>       Cardinality
>
> Finally, and less critically, there is at present no indication of how

> many occupants there are for a role, or that occupants are entering or

> exiting.

This is indeed interesting area for a business collaboration framework.
Personally I prefer to talk about :
* specification- someone has authored a description of a Business
Service
* capability - a party has expressed that party business syste kan
handle certain b.transactions (type level)
* capacity - ontop of having the capability a party may also express
that the party has the capacity to use/utilize the capability in certain
ways (instance level). ex: 6 simultanous enactments, only during office
hours,...

Dale comments:

Hmmh, here are some questions:

1. "someone has authored a description of a Business Service" -- would a
digital signature suffice? If not, what more is needed.

2. CPPA does this in a way. Wouldn't adding this blur division of labor?

3. I think you are discussing authorization (validated access to
resource use) CPPA probably will have XACML based extensions in some
upcoming version, or at least
allow their usage as needed. Ws-policy is still too murky IPR-wise for
open standards work IMO.