Subject: Re: Retitled: Comments on Anders concerning role or party relatedaspects of process descriptions...

Dale Moberg wrote:

>/anders also writes
>

>This is indeed interesting area for a business collaboration framework.
>Personally I prefer to talk about :
>* specification- someone has authored a description of a Business
>Service
>* capability - a party has expressed that party business syste kan
>handle certain b.transactions (type level)
>* capacity - ontop of having the capability a party may also express
>that the party has the capacity to use/utilize the capability in certain
>ways (instance level). ex: 6 simultanous enactments, only during office
>hours,...
>
>Dale comments:
>
>Hmmh, here are some questions:
>
>1. "someone has authored a description of a Business Service" -- would a
>digital signature suffice? If not, what more is needed.

Digital signature usually suffice. Basically any "secure mechanism"
would usually be OK. In European Union VAT directive there is talk about
secure EDI with basically an TPA + established electronic communication
practices.

>2. CPPA does this in a way. Wouldn't adding this blur division of labor?

Not really, im discussing "aspects" and not where to put/store/capture
an expression of Capability.

>3. I think you are discussing authorization (validated access to
>resource use) CPPA probably will have XACML based extensions in some
>upcoming version, or at least
>allow their usage as needed. Ws-policy is still too murky IPR-wise for
>open standards work IMO.

No, I mean the Capacity aspect (instance-level) as in how many pizzas an
owen (pizza making capability) can handle per hour.
The relevance of the Capacity aspect may be viewed in the light of
European principles of Contract law:
"Article 2:201 "(3) A proposal to supply goods or services at stated
prices made by a professional supplier in a public advertisement or a
catalogue, or by a display of goods, is presumed to be an offer to sell
or supply at that price until the stock of goods, or the supplier's
capacity to supply the service, is exhausted."

"Article 4:101: Matters not Covered
This chapter does not deal with invalidity arising from illegality,
immorality or lack of capacity."

Permission, Authorization, Enactment-specification and Participation are
other relationships between an Actor/party and behavior such a BPSS
(which is a emergent collaborative behavior, ie.e composed of actors
sendig and receiving).

/anders

--
/ Business Collaboration Toolsmiths /