Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] fork/join

Monica,

I would disagree - I think this is potentially a path we do NOT want to
go down - I was much more impressed with the suggestion from Hong Kong
that there are in fact highlevel - big blocks - and these are what we
need to use - I believe this is the ghist of JJ's reply too - that its NOT
flowchart programming - but process modelling - that we are doing,
so great care is needed in what devices are included and why:

I like this block set:
>- Decision (if structure)
>- Parallel execution
>- Select execution
>- Join execution
>- Repeat execution (loop structure)

Just as an aside - I worked on a school project with my kids over the
holidays - programming with the Lego MindStorm robotic software
tools.  They have done an amazing job in making event driven
interrupt control programming as simple as arranging coloured boxes
into a flowset - and setting parameters - that a 12 year old can do
(no snyde comments about my abilities either please!).

We could do a lot worse than adopt a similar model too - it
certainly closely models the block set above.

I think there is a huge lesson learned here for us - and a need to
realize what BPSS brings as a solution set - and it is not BPEL
style programming constructs and things like AND-fork - which
clearly is NOT what I'd expect a business process designer
person to have any inkling of the resulting behaviour.

Thanks, DW.