Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] [Àüüȸ½Å] Re: [ebxml-bp] fork/join

conch@etri.re.kr wrote:

> All
>
> +1 for the repeat execution.
>
> As far as i know, other than the looping current version of BPSS is
> capable of handling decision, pararell, join and select using
> fork/join/decision states and condition expression, no?
>
> and monica thanks for the clarification. My question was related to
> BPSS fork/join, my bad i forgot to mention the drawing was an attempt
> to outline the
>
> semantics of BPSS fork/join. anyways is that true that decision state
> can be used to for more than one outgoing transition? Does that imply
> you can have like
>
> 3 different outgoing transitions to different busienss transactions
> with different condition expressions?
>
> regards
>
> David Choi

mm1: David,
Here is what the BPSS indicates about Decisions [1]: <<[8] A
BusinessActivity may have any number of incoming transition but only one
output transition. Either a Fork or Decision business states must be
used to logically specify more than one outgouing transition.>>

The example in the specification appears to indicate the answer to your
question is that it is possible, but as indicated often, even if
different transitions are specified, they may not be used (i.e. Cancel
and Change Purchase Order may only be used infrequently).

I encourage JJ to answer more fully as he was the author of the Decision
detail. Thanks.

[1] See Decision, section 6.1.11 where the specification indicates that
for this element outgoing transition are by definition mutually
exclusive. Also see quote above from section 5.18, page 57 of v1.1.