Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] 1/5/2004: Late Binding ....

David RR Webber wrote:

>Monica,
>
>I know its nice to think of peer to peer - but certain
>transactions clearly one peer has to be the arbitator and
>make critical decisions.   GM/Nissan with their suppliers
>and dealerships is hardly Peer-to-Peer, but the BPSS
>model makes sense, but right now - GM / Nissan would
>only want to share the sub-BPSS for dealership with
>them - and not everyone else, and vice versa.

mm1: There is also work ongoing in CPA negotiation where some of the
business transaction characteristics are negotiated (after v1.0).  I
would assume this is where GM or Nissan assert their muscle and indicate
that only a minimum set of details are negotiable.

>There's complex interactions here - and we can model
>them and make them run smoothly.  Similarly - re-usable
>'chunks' do not resolve solely around a business document
>exchange.
>
>I believe we fundamentally need an <include> statement,
>along with all that entails - versioning, a sub-BPSS
>best-practices, and worked examples.

mm1: See 5.12.1, Packages and Includes and 6.1.17 where the Include
element is defined. Thanks.