Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Groups - IVI_Min-Max_Future_State_of_Execution2nd_draft_v5-Kulvantunyou-120103.doc uploaded

I think the major saving they are looking at is when each supplier can use
only a single IV tool to interact with all customers. Lower training cost
and personnel cost to handle with multiple IV tool is one. Others are
lowering errors and headache to remember multiple sign on and how things
work and are presented on each IV tool.

The business process looks simple but can be quite complicated when
capturing into a model. As far as I understand to this point, there are two
big biz cases - namely cumulative and discrete shipment/replenishment.
Basically, the bp involves 3 messages SyncQuantityOnHand, AdvanceShipNotice
(i.e., shipment), and ReceivedAdvice (i.e., somewhat delivery ack).
Customers update their inventory levles and Min/Max levels to suppliers
using SyncQOH. Once suppliers ship, they send the ASN. Once the customers
receive, they send the ReceivedAdvice. Customers keep update in the QOH
every certain time interval. In the cumulative case, suppliers replenish
continuously (with multiple shipment) typically based on a blanket PO (cap
by period or quantity) to maintain customer inventory b/w the Min/Max. In
the discrete case, supplier ships single shipment to replenish.

There are other business process issues regarding who and how to handle the
IV tool usage payment. Some tools charge by transaction some by monthly fee
and how to handle the sign-on.

Hope this answer some of your question,
- serm