Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Comments on NameID/IDRef and UID and Late Binding and Document References

Anders,

A useful illustrative list - but I think it points up that what
is really going on here is that we need a generalized
mechanism.  For today it is TimeToPerform, tomorrow,
something else.

The context mechanism draft specifically allows you to
reference any element within the BPSS using
{namespace}:{XPath}.

The example assumes bpss is the namespace ID,
so we have:

 <condition name="bpss:timeToAcknowledgeAcceptance*" value="P10M"/>

and value denotes the replacement setting.  Of course you have an
optional conditional constriant to denote when this occurs - and
again that uses XPath expressions with namespaces to point to
the late binding needed (see Fgiure 3.2 in draft document).

Bottomline - I believe the context design mechanisms covers this
neatly and succinctly - using simple XML techniques - and follows
the BPSS model while extending it in a natural way.

Thanks, DW.