Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Late Binding

David,

Im not sure I fully agree with you. Im pointing to the fact that the
problem is more problematic than just defining a value=function()
mechanism. I agree that more parameters that timeToPerform are subject
to dynamics changes, but we are discussing a business protocol so IMO
more aspects comes into play.

* Establisment of Trade Practices by an organization -> what values are
defined where, whe and by whom.

* Predictability -> If too much flexibility is available then building
business systems are not simplified. More expensive COTS. Less is more.

* How can "overriding" be used to create a "natural" way of defining
timing or other constraints?

* In the  business domain there is need for "propose-accept-reject"
semantics and not only "declare". Agreed business procedures often need
consent before changes can be applied.

* Are you trying to use BPSS to solve another problem? (real world vs
virtual, communication world)
As Bob Haugen pointed out, many timing constraints could be viewed/are
really notification committments/duties.
(see slide
11<http://www.toolsmiths.se/documents/serviam_legal_20040202.pdf> for an
example)

* If you delegate the task of determining timeToPerform to a remote
method, then what happens in case of invocation failure or timeout?

* If you delegate the task of determining timeToPerform to a remote
method, then isnt really defining another BusinessTransaction the right
way to go if the remote methods is located in one of the parties
business IS/IT system?

Just to complicate the issue a little ;)

/anders

--