Subject: [ebxml-bp] 1/27/2004: BPSS Signals (Work Item 59)

>Yunker: The problem with implicit positive signals is that they are used for more than moving the state of the collaboration forward.
>
>A [signed] positive receipt is used for non-repudiation of receipt.  At the business layer (e.g. BPSS) this is may be referenced in legal agreements regardless of transport protocol used, and can also start SLA requirements that do not assume perfectly functioning transport architecture.  Placing the non-repudiation requirement on the response makes it difficult to standardize monitoring and management of these important signals.
>
>I suppose that a collaboration that does not want to use a legal non-repudiation framework could make these positive signals optional.

mm1: John, would there be an option to delineate that a signal actually
is a combination of several signals to meet the non-repudiation
requirements [1].  This is not a recommendation but a question.

Lars (and Hima), this was your original issue. Any comments? Thanks.

[1] We have seen related recommendations in the messaging arena.