Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Specification of a Business Service Interface

For the integration between BSI and back-end, the publish-subscribe pattern is general enough. However, in most cases, the relationship between BSI and back-end will only be one-to-one (in order words, peer-to-peer). Under this assumption, we can have the BSI API reduced to use the peer-to-peer pattern. This simplifies the API and permits easier binding to physical protocols.

Cheers, -Patrick

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 9:48 PM

Sacha:

Note that an ebXML collaboration is not "executed" per say (in the
orchestration sense) but observed. Messages are generated by back-end
systems and merely processed by the BSI as part of a business
transaction protocol. The only part that is physically executed by a BSI
is the "receipt acknowledgement". Everything else is "executed" by back
end applications calling into the BSI API.

On the integration with the back end systems, we should explore a
subscribe/publish relationship between applications and the BSI. The
applications will subscribe to specific collaboration/business
transaction activities (more than one back end systems can be involved
in a collaboration). The BSI would then publish the corresponding
messages at run-time.

JJ-