Subject: [no subject]

The analogue is to drawing a structure heirarchy diagram - I create the tree,
and the branches, and nodes, and give them names and properties.  Then once the
model looks right - then I can generate DTD, XSD, XML, CAM, HTML, xhtml, etc,
from the diagram - just using the right set of production rules for each.

I was looking at this use of BPMN from that angle - create diagram - generate
BPSS.  Now unfortunately that is not going to work for BPEL too - without some
fundamental hacking at BPEL itself - because while BPMN and BPSS can be seen as
close cousins - BPEL is marching to an entirely different drum.

Anyway - the best we can do here is have a BPSS call a BPEL component - like
check_credit_status - thru a WSDL. Where the whole thing is significantly
constrained - and there are no issues around error handling, time-to-perform,
transaction handling, signals, yadda, yadda.

I believe for 99% of our user community - this is more than acceptable.
Reaching out to the BPMN world with BPSS is again smart, and I think we will
find people receptive.  We definately do not want to do work that is not going
to address needs of our constituents.

Cheers, DW.

http://drrw.net