Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] RE: ebBP / BPMN extensions

Monica,

Since I'm deeply into these weeds...and Patrick did not write this code...

There is in fact a very clear separation between transport, messaging, and what
the application is doing in this Hermes setup.

They have done a nice job with the Hermes component - and key is the use of
persisted inbound and outbound queues.  This is classic messaging theory.
Its extensible (add more applications) - and scalable (add servers).

So the example interface is designed as a lightweight servlet that people can
deploy to 'glue' between Hermes and a backend application.  Obviously there are
other ways of doing it - and there are 'chunks' as I noted - that are missing
between this and a full BSI.

But given that - its a good step and instructive - and they've also documented
it very nicely.

Now - of course they have no BPSS processing!  So that would be the next step
here - once we have BPSS V2 finished - to show how to use BPSS XML instances
from business processes in tandem with this setup.

Various ways of doing that beckon...and I was merely pointing out that this path
could lead somewhere quickly that would be a nice 'win' for everyone.

Cheers, DW.

http://drrw.net