Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] RE: BSI retries question - trying again

Hi Again

Some corrections. Sorry about that.

Regards

Sacha

Am Dienstag, den 07.09.2004, 00:46 +0200 schrieb Sacha Schlegel:
> Hi Steve
> Hi Anthony
>
> I assume you are referencing BPSS 1.1
>
> There is an optional retry attribute in the RequestingBusinessActivity
> of type xsd:int
>
> The comment on this attribute is:
>
> "The BSI must retry to send a request n number of times,
> in case no signals are returned by the responding activity."
>
> If I understand you right, the requesting business document has been
> sent and a Receipt Acknowledgment (Reqeust.ACK.Receipt in 1.1) has been
> received.

OLD:
> You then received Then you are waiting for either an

NEW:
 You then receive an

> Acceptance Exception (Request.NACK.Acceptance in 1.1) and now is the
> question whether you can start the requesting business activity again,
> with a "new" requesting business document, eg changed payload? or
> whether this BPSS instance just fails.
>
> I do not know what others think but I would understand that the business
> process fails. You did recieve a signal, just a negative one.

The specification says in case no signals are returned, but in this
example a signal is returned (a negative one).

> In my eyes this is information the business analyst can model and is
> then propagated down to the CPA where you have the retry count, which I
> think is how many times you have to try to send the original business
> request document.
>
> I would not interpret it that the BSI can change the payload of the
> message "retry" times and try and see if the other party likes the
> changed request better.
>
> Question would be: what happens if this is the last message exchange in
> a long running process (eg over several days)? It could be a pain to
> have the process start from the beginning again. Could indicate that the
> collaborative business better has to be modelled differently (eg process
> 2 follows one process 1, so two parties can continue with process 2 once
> process 1 succeeded).
>
> Maybe a good case for BSI interoperability test cases...
>
> Intersted what others think.
>
> Regards
>
> Sacha
>
> PS: I just found out in Figure 17 "Computation of the Status of a
> Business Transaction Activity" of the BPSS 1.1 that the responding
> business activity ALSO has an Acceptance Acknowledgment/Exception (eg
> Response.ACK.Acceptance, and Response.NACK.Acceptance) messages.

PSII: There is no optional retry count attribute in the responding
business activity. Is this inconsistency or is there is reason?

> Am Dienstag, den 07.09.2004, 07:53 +1000 schrieb Steve Capell:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > Nobody responded to this one.  It is an important clarification
> > because if different BSIs take a different interpretation of retry
> > count then one side might terminate the process after an acceptance
> > NACK whilst the other attampts a retry….
> >

> > Any comments?
> >

> > Steve Capell
> >
> > Red Wahoo Pty Ltd
> >
> > +61 410 437854

Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil