Subject: [Moberg] 9/10/2004: Martin's Process Diagram and RosettaNet Dbl-Action

Given our conversation this morning about NOF, here is what general
differences I see between the RosettaNet double-action [1] and Roberts'
Business Activity Behavior. If I've missed something or changes are
required to my interpretation, please advise. Two differences which we
uncovered today (not those previously known) are shown with (***).

    * At Responder:
          o ***Differentiating the validation that occurs
                + RosettaNet: 'Validate Message Structure': As we
                  discussed they have a message guideline. We didn't
                  believe it was only syntactic validation. Is it
                  cardinality, optionality, parsable and content, or which?
                + ebBP - Specific to Roberts' diagram - Syntactic the
                  diagram indicates 'valid' and in sequence.
          o Acceptance Acknowledgment (or what it becomes)
                + RosettaNet: No longer uses.
                + ebBP: Shows processing on Responder for business request.
    * At Requester
          o Retries
                + ebBP - Specific to Roberts' diagram doesn't explicitly
                  model the retries although they exist in the
                  specification.
                + RosettaNet: Modeled the retry.
          o NOF
                + ***RosettaNet uses:
                      # If TTP exceeded and a timeout occurs waiting on
                        a Receipt Acknowledgment
                      # If a timeout occurs and the retry count has been
                        exhausted (i.e. retries = max retries) on a
                        Receipt Acknowledgment
                      # ***If they are unable to process a response in
                        the backend system after a Receipt
                        Acknowledgment has been sent. [2]
                + ebBP
                      # Specific to Robert's diagram, doesn't show the
                        backend system portion of processing.
                      # No NOF currently exists.

[1] Two-action activity/asynchronous
[2] Similar to the case that Mukkamala mentioned. This is not timeout
related.